COVID-19 | Policy & Procedure | Patient Transport
Updated: Sep 8, 2020
Dear Valued Customer,
The current virus pandemic continues to present unique challenges for healthcare providers and those providing support services. We are committed to providing safe, reliable transportation during this pandemic. To ensure that, we are taking concrete measures to ensure our staff follow CDC guidance on vehicle sanitation and patient transport as follows:
· Drivers are monitored daily for temperature and symptoms.
· Drivers experiencing flu-like symptoms will remain home and follow
CDC guidelines before returning to work.
· Drivers are instructed, to the best of their ability, avoid direct contact with anyone
unrelated to the transfer or transport of a patient.
· Drivers will utilize Personal Protecting Equipment (PPE) to include procedural masks and latex gloves for every transport and gowns for COVID+ transports.
· Drivers will practice “social distancing” while both on and off duty.
· Drivers receive additional sanitation and isolation precaution training.
Clean & Sanitize
· Each vehicle carries ample medical-grade cleaning supplies.
· Drivers sanitize vehicles, wheelchairs, and equipment at the start and end of each shift and after the completion of each transport.
· Drivers have been instructed to wash and dry hands as frequently as possible and use hand sanitizer regularly.
Care Connection is confident we can provide a safe and precautionary transport service to all COVID-19 patients by being smart and persistent. This means our number one priority is the health and safety of all the members of our community. We know you have questions and we want to personally assure you that we are monitoring the outbreak of the novel corona virus (COVID-19) closely. We thank you for your continued support, and we will continue to keep you informed as we take additional action.